6 Tips for Improved Search Engine Optimization- SEO
What is SEO? It refers to optimizing your content so that it can appear in search results. As you may know, Google often makes changes to its SEO algorithm. Last year, they made over five-hundred changes to it. This is why you and your brand must stay on top of your game at all times. You cannot afford to risk getting left in the dust by your competitors. Here are the best six tips to improve your search engine optimization results.
1) Put the user experience ahead of everything else.
User experience matters a lot when it comes to your rankings in search engines. Google uses machine learning systems. These systems assist Google in determining where pages should rank. Say a user clicks on a search result but bounces from the page in a matter of seconds. This means the site will begin losing its ranking. But say that the user clicks the result and reads the entire page. This means the site’s ranking will increase. Sure, Google uses artificial intelligence and algorithms. But the user experience determines how a site ranks more than any other factor. This is why you may want to consider using medium tail keywords. They often provide the most value for SEO optimization. Say your company optimizes a page based on a medium tail keyword. As long as the content is good, the page will rank high. Keep in mind that Google focuses on more than medium tail keywords. They also analyze these two important factors:
-The click-through rate. This is the percentage of people that access your specific search result.
-Dwell time. This is the duration that people stay on your page. Most SEO experts state that three minutes is effective dwell time.
2) Reconfigure your posts that do not appear on page one.
Oftentimes in life, “almost” is not good enough. This concept applies to how your pages rank. If you have a post that “almost” ranks high, there is one thing you must do. Re-write the content.
Say you are not sure which posts are almost ranking. All you need to do is go to Google Analytics. Click on Acquisition. Next, go to Search Console and click on Queries. This is where you or your team can put in place an advanced filter. That filter will show you all the specific phrases that you have posted. Next to each phrase will be a ranking that details the average position. Say the average position number is greater than ten. This means the content was not considered good enough to land as one of the first ten search results.
The next step is to overhaul your articles. Get creative and dream up new answers, examples, images, and more. Think of anything that will take your post to the next level. Focus on inserting key-phrases that you believe will get the post more traction. Here are three simple steps to help ensure your reconfiguration gets done well:
- Check on every ranking on each page. What is the purpose of this? It is so the relevance is not affected in a negative manner.
- Rewrite the content. Focus on related subtopics. These can get viewed on the search results page. Once you are on that page, click on the “people also ask” subheading. You should also browse the “related searches” toward the bottom of the website.
- Do the first two steps on a regular basis. SEO experts recommend doing them at least once per quarter. Many companies refer to these steps as a “content marketing audit.”
3) Use videos to your advantage.
Marketing by way of video can make a big difference. It can lead to companies receiving a big boost in traffic. But here is the crazy part. A lot of marketers, to this day, continue to ignore the benefits of posting videos. They might be lazy. Or, they might underestimate how powerful videos are when it comes to SEO. When it comes to SEO, an old adage always rings true. “Quality over quantity.” For example, a company could have hundreds and hundreds of indexed pages. But that is no guarantee that the company’s website can gather a high volume of organic traffic. This is why it is best to do away with shallow posts. These are posts that either do not have enough words or have poor, irrelevant content. Instead, focus on content that will engage your audience.
SEO experts claim that videos have more potential than any other medium when it comes to SEO. That untapped potential can lead to high levels of user engagement. For example, which one of these situations is more likely to happen? 1. Fred reads every word of your paragraph. 2. Fred watches your minute-long video. The latter is your best bet. That is because people can often feel lazy. They would rather watch a video than read an article. Plus, online videos are popular and continue to become even more popular. Keep this next projection in mind. It’s estimated that videos will make up eighty percent of web traffic by next year. But there does not appear to be much burnout when it comes to watching videos. Most people love doing so. And that is not going to change any time soon.
Here are three ways to ensure that your videos are ready for great SEO results:
- Reconfigure your old videos. This means updating the descriptions and titles. Why? So that your old videos will continue to appear in future searches. The reconfiguration will keep them relevant.
- Ensure that the audio and video quality is as high as possible. The same concept applies to images and graphics.
- Place videos onto your website on a routine basis.
4) Use featured snippets to your advantage.
What percentage of search results contain a featured snippet? About eleven percent or so. Wait, featured snippets? What are those? They are results that show up on search engines. They occur after advertisements but before ranked results. They are often accompanied by an image, table, or video. This makes them stand out. In fact, they are show-stealers that can stop people from having to click on any of the links in the ranked results.
SEO experts recommend writing featured snippets in paragraph-format. This is pertinent if you want to get ranked for question-based keywords. Here are some examples of question-based keywords:
-“How do I make more money in real estate?”
-“How many minutes do I broil a steak?”
-“Can wasps kill you?”
Do you want your content to get optimized for featured snippets? If so, here are the top actions to take:
-Make sure that your external resources are as strong as possible.
-Make your posts concise and to-the-point.
-Your goal is for people to scan thier content without any difficulties. This means you should use headers.
-Make sure that your cross-devices can get used without any difficulties.
-Focus on social engagement.
5) Post-long-form content.
Your mission should be to create posts that are both well-informed and long-form. These are the two main forms of criteria that Google looks for when it ranks pages. It wants the best possible results. So, you have got to give them the best possible content. Here are the two most important ways to create content for SEO.
- Post articles that contain over two-thousand words. This is because long posts often outrank the shorter ones.
- Put in place LSI keywords. What are the LSI keywords? They are phrases that relate to the content of your page or topic.
6) Boost engagement with users.
User engagement matters a great deal when it comes to SEO. It does not matter if you are creating new posts or updating previous ones. One of the focuses of your organization should be boosting engagement. Here are the best ways to increase user engagement on your pages:
- Make sure that your content is easy to read. This means you must take the following factors into account. Relevant images. Whitespace. Short and simple paragraphs. Plenty of headings. All these factors will make the writing easier for people to digest. Plus, they will help people stay on your website for a longer period of time.
- Feature the most relevant links and promotions on your website. Internal links are great for answering people’s questions about your topic. The major advantage of this is decreased bounce rates. Not to mention, people will want to stay on your site to find more content that they enjoy.
- Put LSI keywords in place. But that is not enough. You should also make an effort to answer everyone’s questions. That is because, oftentimes, people think of more questions after seeing the content. It is not good enough to only provide content after a person makes a search. Your page should feature tons of information. Why? So many people can get their questions answered. As a result, people will be more likely to trust your website and go back to it in the future. In fact…
- The more information you have, the more likely it is that users will come back for more. This conveys to search engines that your website’s depended on by many people.
- Feature many different ways for people to experience your content. Consider all the following elements. Text. Pictures. Videos. Infographics. This will do more than get people’s attention. It will keep users engaged and stimulated.
These five actions will boost the engagement rate on your website. Search engines will take notice. They will be to refer to your pages as containing “high-quality content.”
Your SEO rankings are never going to change overnight. At least, not by much. But the key action you can take is to stay consistent. Use the tips of this article on a regular basis. Over time, you should start to see your content rank higher and higher. Next thing you know, you and your brand may earn increased revenue as a result.
2 Replies to “Search Engine Optimization- SEO”
[…] 11 tools will help your company take its SEO and marketing abilities to new heights. But don’t hesitate to contact Internet Marketing Media Services if […]
[…] have received. That is why we like to think of those benefits as being endless. Your brand’s SEO implementation has no limits when it comes to our services. As an example, here is one key concept that your rival […]